Applicants interested in serving with the Bullard Police Department must meet the following requirements to be considered for a position:
- U.S. citizen.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 21 years old with no maximum age limit.
- Never convicted of an offense above a Class B misdemeanor, and no convictions for a Class B misdemeanor offense within the past 2 years.
- No convictions for any family violence offense of any degree.
- Never been or currently on a court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense above the grade of Class B misdemeanor or for an offense of the grade of Class B misdemeanor within the past 2 years.
- Not currently under indictment for a criminal offense.
- Driving record must meet City of Bullard standards. All applicants must possess a Texas Driver License or if they possess an out-of-state driver license must be licensed to drive by the State of Texas, within 30 days of establishing a residence if they relocate within the state.
- Of good moral character and have stable school/work/driving record
- Must not have been received a "dishonorable" or "bad conduct" discharge following a military court martial.
- No pending criminal litigation