- City Hall
- Municipal Court
- Driving Safety Course
Driving Safety Course
If you are charged with an offense involving the operation of a motor vehicle under Subtitle C, Rules of the Road, Transportation Code (Chapters 541-600) or disobeying warning signs and barricades (Section 472.022) you may be eligible to take a driver safety course (DSC) or Motorcycle Operators Training Course (MOTC) to have your case dismissed.
If you are charged with an offense involving an unrestrained child (Tex. Trans. Code 545.412) you may be eligible to take a specials driver safety course to have your case dismissed.
DO NOT TAKE EITHER COURSE PRIOR TO THE COURT’S APPROVAL
You must submit your notarized Request for Driving Safety Course in person or in writing with proof of a valid driver’s license and proof you are an insured driver and receipt of a non-refundable fee in the amount of $110.00. If the violation occurs in a school zone, you are in eligible for a drivers safety course. If this information is not received on or before your appearance date you will not be eligible for DSC/MTOC.
You are not eligible to take DSC/MTOC if any of the following apply:
- Speeding 25 m.p.h. over the speed limit or more
- Failure to give information at an accident scene
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer
- Careless driving
- Passing a school bus
- An offense in a construction zone where workers are present
- A serious traffic violation; or
- If you are a holder of a commercial driver’s license
- If you are not currently taking or have completed DSC/MTOX for a dismissal in the past 12 months.
Upon your plea of no contest or guilty and after all initial requirements have been met, the judge will defer imposition of the judgment for 90 days to allow you time to present the court with:
- A uniform certificate of completion of the driving safety course, verification of completion of the motorcycle operator training course or specialized driver safety course and;
- Defendant’s driving record as maintained by the Department of Public Safety showing that you have not taken a DSC within the preceding 12 months and information indicating your license are eligible.
Listing of Texas Approved Driving Safe Course Providers can be found in your telephone book or searching online for Texas Approved Driving Safety Courses.
Driving records can be ordered through the Department of Public Safety.
If all the requirements are not received in the time required you must appear at a Show Cause Hearing to explain the reason for non-compliance. The Show Cause date will be given to you at the time your request is granted.
114 S. Phillips St.
Bullard, TX 75757
P.O. Box 107
Bullard, TX 75757
Phone: (903) 894-7263Fax: (903) 894-7263